<%= post.title %>
<%= post.date %>
Bacon and Cheddar Stuffed Burgers
May 2nd, 2012
Thanks Sunny Anderson (Food Network), these burgers were awesome! I pretty much followed her recipe exactly, but here it is broken down, with picture
1) Cut a block of sharp cheddar into chunks (the amount shown was more than enough for 2 burgers). Dice onions, and slice some if you want additional on top. I cooked the bacon by cutting it directly into my pan with a pair of kitchen scissors. Then I cooked the onions directly in the bacon fat..YUM. Set these ingredients aside.
2) Season the meat with salt, pepper, garlic powder and hot sauce (optional). Sunny suggests cooking a small piece of meat in your pan before making all of your burgers to insure that the meat is properly seasoned ALSO be careful not to handle the beef too much, it will make your burgers tough.
3) Next make a thin patty with the meat and place your bacon, onions and cheese in the middle. make sure to leave space on the outside. Take another slightly smaller patty and place it on top, sealing the edges as you go around.
4) Cook it on both sides at med to medium high for about 3 minutes (each side).
5) Take a bite…or 2 of your delicious creation. Yeah… that’s right, all those pieces of bacon, cheese and onion hiding inside…sooo amazing. haha